United States of America

The United States of America is a federal constitutional republic comprising fifty states and a federal district. The country is situated mostly in central North America, where its forty-eight contiguous states and Washington, D.C., the capital district, lie between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.

The United States is bordered by Canada to the north and Mexico to the south. The state of Alaska is in the northwest of the continent and Canada lies to the east. Hawaii is an archipelago in the mid-Pacific and they also possesses several territories in the Pacific and Caribbean.

Allied Pickfords provide airfreight and sea-freight services to the USA and can offer you affordable services to suit your individual needs. Whether you require a full container sent by ship or a shared use container, Allied Pickfords can help you to pack and then transport effects to your new destination. You may also want to consider an air shipment when moving to the USA for those essential personal belongings you will require immediately.

Allied Pickfords can also assist you with understanding the local rules and regulations for customs clearance. Allied Pickfords will provide you with the specialised information and resources necessary to take the big step of moving overseas.

Whether you are moving from Sydney to New York, Melbourne to Chicago, Perth to Los Angeles, Brisbane to Dallas or anywhere from within Australia, Allied Pickfords can assist you with your International move.

The Allied Pickfords Advantage is that we have over 75 years of experience in the region and we can provide you with the information you need to move – individually, or with your family, children, and even the family pet.

Moving to the USA is a big step and Allied Pickfords can help you to make the process as easy as possible. Call us on 13 25 54 to discuss your move to America.

Frequently asked questions

Will there be any duty on my household effects when shipping them overseas?

Provided that your furniture items are used and that you have owned them for 12 months or more prior to departure, they are allowed entry with no duty payable. The other stipulation is that they are not to be resold. It is also notable that cars and motorcycles are not considered as household goods and different regulations and rules applicable.

Can I take my vehicle to the United States?

Motor vehicles and bikes are able to be shipped into the United States although the import process can be a lengthy process. There are varying laws around the age of the vehicle and various emission standards that they need to be complied with.

Customs may require proof that you have lived overseas for 12 months or more. Speak to one of our move consultants to find out more information on moving your car.

Can we take our family pet to the United States?

You are able to take your pet into the United States of America. There are certain entry requirements and we always recommend you to speak with our specialised Pet Transportation providers we partner with to take you through the process and steps involved.