Moving interstate is an exciting and busy time, and if it is your first time moving it is understandable if you do not know where to start. To make sure that your move from Sydney to Adelaide is successful, make sure you follow these three steps:
- Be prepared – Make a list of everything that needs to be done
- Find a good removalist
- Double check everything
Guide to the different suburbs of Adelaide
Adelaide is a small town that has grown over time into a small city of over 1.5 million people. But despite Adelaide’s transition from town to city, it still gives those who live there a sense of community that cannot be replicated in any of Australia’s larger cities.
Different suburbs of Adelaide will give you a different experience of the city, so here is a rough guide to help you choose which suburb is right for you.
If you wish to live within walking distance to a beach, then Glenelg, Brighton, Seacliff and Henley Beach are the suburbs which will be able to give you that coastal lifestyle. If you are a sailor or a surfer then these suburbs are perfect for you as they provide you with plenty of opportunity to access the beach.
These suburbs are also quite close to the Adelaide CBD if you need to be there for work, being only a 20-minute trek.
If you would like more of a café culture similar to the Surrey Hills, Sydney vibe when you move to Adelaide then you should look at Adelaide’s Eastern suburbs which have an abundance of cafes and leafy green areas. The eastern suburbs will be a lot closer to the CBD and include suburbs such as Hyde Park, Norwood, and Unley.
The Northern suburbs of Adelaide will find you surrounded by fancy cars and large bluestone houses, but this is not to say that student housing is not found in the area. This leafy green suburb is home to plenty of great food and drink places to keep you occupied on the weekends.
You can read more about the different suburbs in Adelaide here.
Moving interstate requires a lot of preparation. It is not the same as a local move where you may be able to enlist the help of family and friends to move, or you can make multiple trips back and forth from your home to your new home to collect belongings and do things that may have been missed. When preparing for your interstate move, to ensure that nothing is forgotten, create a list of all the things that need to be done. We have created a step-by-step checklist of things that need to be done before a move that you can use as a rough guide to help you along the way.
Organise things such as utility connections, change of postal address, electoral roll and schools for children prior to leaving Sydney. This will help you for when you arrive in Adelaide as you will be able to concentrate on settling in, as opposed to the big list of tasks that you need to complete.
Being prepared for an interstate move means knowing what you will and will not be bringing with you. It is a good idea to prepare by going through your belongings well in advance, and getting rid of anything that could be considered as clutter. Moving with less items will make your move easier to coordinate as well as save you space on your removal and may even bring the cost of your move down.
Choosing the right removalist
When moving interstate, you want to make sure that you are using a trusted removalist. Long distance moves require a lot of care and logistics planning, and using an inexperienced removalist can result in things getting broken or lost. Allied have been moving people around the globe for over 300 years and we have refined our moving process over the years to ensure that your move is successful.
When you decide that you will be moving, all you need to do is give Allied a call at 13 25 54 and one of our dedicated move consultants will come to your home to give you an informed quote. You will be able to ask them any questions that you have about the move as well as flag items that will require special care or considerations.
We have a team of highly trained removals staff who will work hard to ensure that your move is completed on time and that your belongings are treated with the uppermost care toward protecting their integrity. We offer a range of additional services that will help you get to your new home quicker and with as little disruption to your lifestyle as possible. These services include but are not limited to:
- Valet Packing and Unpacking services: If you lead a busy lifestyle, have children, or work full time, you may find that packing your entire home into a box by yourself is wishful thinking. It is for this reason that Allied have put together our optional Valet Packing and Unpacking services. When you choose this service, our highly trained removals staff will come to your home and take care of all your packing and unpacking needs. We will use our specially designed packing materials that have been developed through years or tried and tested packing.
- Pet Transport: Allied can organise transport for your furry friend from Sydney to Adelaide. Your beloved pet will arrive in Adelaide safe and happy.
- Home Cleaning: Cleaning your home after everything has been packed up can be time consuming and can feel like an arduous task. At Allied we can organise your home cleaning for you so that you can focus on getting settled into your new home in Adelaide as opposed to taking care of your old one.
- Transit insurance: Allied are the only Removals company in Australia to hold their own financial services licence. Here at Allied we have our own insurance centre with a team of dedicated staff who are there and ready to help you with your insurance claims in the case of an accident. Whilst we at Allied maintain solid processes and systems to ensure that we are prepared for every imaginable contingency, sometimes accidents do happen which is why we offer transit insurance to all our customers. Be sure to ask your consultant about transit insurance during your free consultation.
Double check everything
Make sure that you double check that you have everything ready before your move. Make sure that your utilities in your new home are connected and that you haven’t forgotten to divert mail to your new address. There is nothing worse than arriving at your new address and realising that you won’t have any hot water or electricity!
Arriving in Adelaide
Adelaide is one of Australia’s most underrated cities. It has long been overshadowed by the more popular eastern cities of Melbourne and Sydney but with rising house prices in Sydney and Melbourne, Adelaide is emerging from the shadows as people turn to Adelaide when looking to buy a home. As a small city it has not lost its sense of community to the hustle and bustle of the metropole. Adelaide has a diverse range of entertainment ranging from wineries in the Barossa Valley to beaches at Glenelg. Adelaide is a picturesque city
Settling into your new home in Adelaide can be easier than you think if you choose our Valet Unpacking services. Our highly trained staff will do all your unpacking for you, putting everything away in your home exactly as you like it whilst you get to know your new neighbourhood. Get a free quote today.